Monday, March 14, 2011

Flowers!

Today as I was having my morning tea, I finally got a chance to look through the book I bought six weeks ago in my favorite Rizzoli bookstore in NYC. The book is called “Flowers For The Home” and is written by Grayson Handy and Tracey Zabar:
Besides showcasing some incredible photographs of floral arrangements inspired by the world (i.e. sections of the book completely dedicated to France and India), there is some thoughtful reading as well. One of my favorite excerpts from the book:

“By bringing in fresh flowers, we bring in the earth, and nurture life at home. We move beyond the material to the living form, creating balance. [Home is our mirror]. The space we create around us reflects our personal vision, and when our vision is realized, it mirrors back a sense of wholeness and refuge. Flowers channel beauty and power into our lives and invite us to find, reflected our own form of self-expression. As we move through life, different flowers speak to our beings. We search for and identify flowers and house them in ourselves.”  

Here is what I am housing in myself in terms of flowers right now: 

Rizzoli Bookstore:
31 W 57th St
New York, NY 10019
(212) 759-2424

No comments:

Post a Comment