Friday, February 18, 2011

Mario Testino

It is still raining here but I am yet to run out of the simple ways to entertain myself. Today, for instance, as I was reorganizing the disarray of my reading materials, I came across one of my favorite photography books that I thought was misplaced during the move. Portraits by Mario Testino is a mesmerizing work of an artist. What I personally love the most about Testino’s work is how creatively and emotionally versatile it is. I rephotographed some of my favorite portraits here and I apologize for the poor quality that in no way reflects the beauty of the original work!  From humorous bordering on scandalous in portraits of Robbie Williams and Eva Herzigova to breathtakingly dignified and grand in those of Princess Diana and Catherine Zeta Jones, Testino manages to capture a certain glimpse into the personality that is often hidden from the curious eyes. I attached two pictures of Princess Diana here because I could not choose which one I liked better. They are both incredibly tender and peaceful which makes me lost for words as these pictures were taken in London in 1997, the year of the fatal car crash. If I had the patience, I would include every single picture here but I am sure it is illegal and Mr. Testino would not approve…although it would be truly worth it!
          Robbie Williams (British Vogue 2000, London)
Eva Herzigova (The Face 1997, Paris)
Catherine Zeta Jones (Vanity Fair 2000, New York)
     Diana, Princess of Wales (Vanity Fair 1997, London)
                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment