Sunday, January 22, 2012

Michelle Williams


I adore Michelle Williams! It has all started with my spontaneous and solitary visit to the cinema where for the next few hours I sat in a half-empty theater (mid-week movie cravings galore) mesmerized by “Blue Valentine.” I have read about this film directed by Derek Cianfrance and was well aware of its tense emotional drama drawing attention to the falling out of the couple (Cindy/Michelle Williams and Dean/Ryan Gosling) that was previously madly in love. I left the theater altered, transformed in a deeply moving way that was a touch painful but ecstatically wholesome. I would say that there are only a few movies that have had such a tremendous impression on me. “Blue Valentine” is a genius film full of realistic human heartbreak, doubts, anger, disappointment and infinite tenderness. I will forewarn anyone on the verge or dealing with a recent breakup to stay away from it as it will make one miserable….and by that I mean excruciatingly sanity-threatening miserable!



“Blue Valentine” has been out for a few years and is undoubtedly worth checking out! However, of a more recent time frame, “My Week with Marilyn” (dir. Simon Curtis) is Michelle William’s new endeavor that once again surprises the audience with her acting versatility and tantalizing charm. “My Week with Marilyn” is an endearing film – blasé in its plot but salvaged by William’s sharp portrayal of Marilyn’s duality. Her acting plays with audience’s perception simultaneously presenting Marilyn as an innocent helpless child thrown into the turmoil of fame as well as clueing at her lurking manipulative undertones. 





No comments:

Post a Comment